SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Welcome to SneakyCodes. Contrary to what some may want you to think, SneakyWorld.forumotion is IN NO WAY affiliated with SneakyCodez. Anyone who tries to tell you different, is a lying piece of shit.

SneakyCodes is in the process of an entire site reboot, with no sections, topics, forums, and users. Feel free to sign up, and check back regularly for updates.

Thank you,
SwoRNLeaDejZ

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Welcome to SneakyCodes. Contrary to what some may want you to think, SneakyWorld.forumotion is IN NO WAY affiliated with SneakyCodez. Anyone who tries to tell you different, is a lying piece of shit.

SneakyCodes is in the process of an entire site reboot, with no sections, topics, forums, and users. Feel free to sign up, and check back regularly for updates.

Thank you,
SwoRNLeaDejZ

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum

The Evolution Begins...

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSneakyCodes RSS Feed
Everyone go to SneakyWorld! Link on the home page!
Sneaky Generators

Sneaky Image Editor
The Walking Dead Game

All Generators By SwoRNLeaDejZ

FTB3 Room Generator
FTB3 Name Generator
FTB2 Tag Generator
FTB2 Name Generator
FTB2 Room Generator

Donate to SneakyCodes Today!
Affiliates
Please Join and Visit the SneakyCodes Affiliates

We Love A-G!!!!

Join TheUnseenCoders.com Today!!

Free Forumotion Designs

kHaoZ is a frickin beast :)

Tech Support Guy
Latest topics
» Deepest regards to the Sneaky Community
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 11:27 pm by sabian49

» damn sneaky, RiP. It was fun
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:25 am by Sylen7Nato

» Just Another Blonde Joke xD FUNNY AS FAWK
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:37 pm by Rossy Redness

» Hey it's Skinny107
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:24 pm by o5Gz

» ps3 hacking!
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm by Sylen7Nato

» PSP ISO List
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 pm by Sylen7Nato

» tiger render
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:11 pm by mk7

» SWORN.
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:25 am by EverEffects

» homefront redeem code
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 am by EverEffects

» Calling Sworn
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm by EverEffects

» Thought Id Stop By And Say Hi
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 am by HappySnacks69

» An Introduction
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:33 am by Ace700

Views
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced Image
Powered by web analytics software.
Statistics
We have 4719 registered users
The newest registered user is CraftPR

Our users have posted a total of 13086 messages in 2891 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 328 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:20 am
Facebook Stream
Top posters
SwoRNLeaDejZ
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced Vote_lcapSHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced Voting_barSHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced Vote_rcap 
blckhwksfan
SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced Vote_lcapSHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced Voting_barSHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced Vote_rcap 
-Ch33zy-
EverEffects
l7annylvlex
+Elegance
Whiteyy
JZydex
PumaSnIpejZ
kHaoZ

Share | 

SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Administrator

Administrator
SwoRNLeaDejZ

1337ness : 140

SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced _
PostSubject: SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced   SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:06 am

Well, I was shocked by this announcement from NPT/Wololo. Couldn't believe that second place and first place weren't swapped, but here are the results:

npt wrote:
Hello Ladies and Gentleman,
I have just left the official judging irc channel where I have watched Hellcat, Lampworker, Davee, and Wololo fight it out. It was a tough decision, really tough, I am damn glad I got to watch though. Wow. These guys really went to the end of the earth to make sure that judging was done as fairly as possible, and trust me, you wish you could read the transcript.

I would personally like to thank EVERYONE who had ANYTHING to do with this contest! Without ALL OF YOU, people posting on the forums, entrants, judges, lurkers, people testing out all the kick butt new homebrew we are getting out of this, *all of you* make this scene what it is today! Let's keep the PSP scene going it has the potential to keep going for a long time and become one of the loved platforms that peaks post it's commercial success. This competition has only shown me that there are A LOT of talented developers out there, and in the spirit of competition but at the same timing working together you ALL have done so much for the scene. Thank you all!

Also, just to make sure all is clear, let's remember the compo as a whole is not over! We still have the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] prizes totaling another $1000, the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] audience vote for a PSP Go plus $50 by psp-hacks forum member Jish, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] audience vote for $100, Wololo's special open source $100 prize, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] audience vote for another $100 prize, as well as [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with another audience vote for $100! So stick with the compo *scene wide* for more results, and of course we will report everything back here as well... PSP Genesis Compo keeps it coming!

Now, to get to the point, and not spout off much further:

In an unexpected move, with things being SO CLOSE both for 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th, the judges were especially creative and came up with a special award for 4th place. In fourth place, with a special recognition by the judges, it has been decided to create a special award, the "Most Ambitious Project" award goes to SHELL by ArnoldBronson! [ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5794 ] Congrats Arnold! (More to come on this, trust me... just you wait, surprises keep on coming as I picked the right judges..I'd explain but I can't yet. Arnold, congrats! SHELL is heading in the direction of a truly customizable firmware / ui!)

In third place, with a special recognition for open sourcing his *kernel exploit for 6.39*, being a good sport and helping out the scene in general by doing so, we have some1 with his 6.39/6.38/6.35/6.31 downgrader/FFFFFFFFailspoit! Congratulations some1! [ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6403 ] $400 + a PSP-hacks t-shirt are headed his way!

In second place, the firmware that keeps on going and going (ie model to model, release to release) we have 6.39 Pro B-6. [ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=5152 ] Congratulations to the Pro team! Coldbird and Virtuous Flame, et al, keep it up! And open sourced at that!!! These guys are shaping the future of the PSP scene, and with their recent open sourcing things are only going to get more interesting! $750 + a PSP-hacks t-shirt are headed to Coldbird, Virtuous Flame, and Pro Team!

In first place, and again this was a TOUGH fight, both for 1st/2nd and 3rd/4th, we have Lamecraft! [ viewtopic.php?f=26&t=6151 ] Congratulatons to Drakon! $1900 + a PSP-hacks t-shirt are headed his way!

This has been an INCREDIBLE competition and I would like to thank EVERYONE, Wololo, Hellcat, Davee, Lampworker, Wololo's wife for putting up with us, ALL OF THE 111 accepted entries!, ALL of the incredible sponsors!, EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED THIS COMPETITION, by coming here to /talk and discussing things, everyone who hung out / is hanging out on the irc channel, and to ALL who spend time hacking on their psps, running homebrew, and keeping the scene alive!

I have been brought to tears by this competition, such teamwork, so many entries.... the scene is ALIVE! Keep it up, all!

Regards,

npt

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://sneakycodez.forumotion.com
JZydex
Finest
Finest
JZydex

1337ness : 3

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced   SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 3:34 am

shocked???
Back to top Go down
PumaSnIpejZ
Vip
Vip
PumaSnIpejZ

1337ness : 13

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced   SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:07 am

Yes rydex I'm glad SHELL got 4 of 111 but I would've liked that to win
Back to top Go down
http://Www.ownageftb2style.webs.com
JZydex
Finest
Finest
JZydex

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced   SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:21 am

PumaSnIpejZ wrote:
Yes rydex I'm glad SHELL got 4 of 111 but I would've liked that to win

oh ok it becuase i didnt know what it was i didnt read all of it i only was trying to look for the key words sneakycodes and first place.
Back to top Go down
PumaSnIpejZ
Vip
Vip
PumaSnIpejZ

1337ness : 13

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced   SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:39 pm

Yea dude u don remember us talking about this competition before
Back to top Go down
http://Www.ownageftb2style.webs.com
JZydex
Finest
Finest
JZydex

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced   SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:47 pm

PumaSnIpejZ wrote:
Yea dude u don remember us talking about this competition before

I due but im not sure if it was this one.
Back to top Go down
Sylen7Nato
Administrator

Administrator
Sylen7Nato

1337ness : 31

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced   SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:31 pm

words can not express the extent of my disappointment....lamecraft?.....are you fuckin serious??
Back to top Go down
http://Sneaky-Media.com
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Administrator

Administrator
SwoRNLeaDejZ

1337ness : 140

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced   SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:57 pm

Dude, I understand why it won, but i think people are missing something. Everyone is giving Drakon all this credit for creating a MineCraft clone from the ground up, from scratch basically. Because MineCraft is written in Java, everyone assumes he made this by himself. I would say this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That is an open source clone of Minecraft, WRITTEN IN C. All he would have to do is port the C clone to work on the PSP, and BAM, there you have it. I can not see giving the top prize to Lamecraft unless the dude can prove that he DID NOT just port an opensource clone over to the PSP.

Even still, I think PRO deserved top billing over any of the other entries regardless of whether he made Lamecraft from scratch or not. I think a little of the decision, as sad as it sounds, was to not piss off TN. So much was made of TN's discontent over everyone dropping TN HEN and using PRO, and TN being such a good buddy of the judges, I think they didn't want to "sell out" in TN's eyes.

PRO was OBVIOUSLY the biggest development in the PSP scene, not only this year, but last year, and probably EVER. I am ASTOUNDED that it didn't win. And no Puma, I didn't think SHELL should have won Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://sneakycodez.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced   SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced Empty

Back to top Go down

SHOCKED: Genesis Competition Winners Announced

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SneakyCodes Gaming Forum :: PSP Section :: PSP Homebrew-
Jump to:  

SneakyCodes.tk | Sneaky-Media.com

Free GeoHot NOW!
I support George Hotz and
the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION

Free forums hosting | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com