SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Welcome to SneakyCodes. Contrary to what some may want you to think, SneakyWorld.forumotion is IN NO WAY affiliated with SneakyCodez. Anyone who tries to tell you different, is a lying piece of shit.

SneakyCodes is in the process of an entire site reboot, with no sections, topics, forums, and users. Feel free to sign up, and check back regularly for updates.

Thank you,
SwoRNLeaDejZ

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Welcome to SneakyCodes. Contrary to what some may want you to think, SneakyWorld.forumotion is IN NO WAY affiliated with SneakyCodez. Anyone who tries to tell you different, is a lying piece of shit.

SneakyCodes is in the process of an entire site reboot, with no sections, topics, forums, and users. Feel free to sign up, and check back regularly for updates.

Thank you,
SwoRNLeaDejZ

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum

The Evolution Begins...

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSneakyCodes RSS Feed
Everyone go to SneakyWorld! Link on the home page!
Sneaky Generators

Sneaky Image Editor
The Walking Dead Game

All Generators By SwoRNLeaDejZ

FTB3 Room Generator
FTB3 Name Generator
FTB2 Tag Generator
FTB2 Name Generator
FTB2 Room Generator

Donate to SneakyCodes Today!
Affiliates
Please Join and Visit the SneakyCodes Affiliates

We Love A-G!!!!

Join TheUnseenCoders.com Today!!

Free Forumotion Designs

kHaoZ is a frickin beast :)

Tech Support Guy
Latest topics
» Deepest regards to the Sneaky Community
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 11:27 pm by sabian49

» damn sneaky, RiP. It was fun
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:25 am by Sylen7Nato

» Just Another Blonde Joke xD FUNNY AS FAWK
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:37 pm by Rossy Redness

» Hey it's Skinny107
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:24 pm by o5Gz

» ps3 hacking!
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm by Sylen7Nato

» PSP ISO List
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 pm by Sylen7Nato

» tiger render
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:11 pm by mk7

» SWORN.
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:25 am by EverEffects

» homefront redeem code
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 am by EverEffects

» Calling Sworn
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm by EverEffects

» Thought Id Stop By And Say Hi
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 am by HappySnacks69

» An Introduction
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:33 am by Ace700

Views
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models Image
Powered by web analytics software.
Statistics
We have 4719 registered users
The newest registered user is CraftPR

Our users have posted a total of 13086 messages in 2891 subjects
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 328 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:20 am
Facebook Stream
Top posters
SwoRNLeaDejZ
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models Vote_lcapHow to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models Voting_barHow to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models Vote_rcap 
blckhwksfan
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models Vote_lcapHow to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models Voting_barHow to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models Vote_rcap 
-Ch33zy-
EverEffects
l7annylvlex
+Elegance
Whiteyy
JZydex
PumaSnIpejZ
kHaoZ

Share | 

How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Administrator

Administrator
SwoRNLeaDejZ

1337ness : 140

How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models _
PostSubject: How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models   How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:12 am

Alright, i get questions CONSTANTLY from people who are trying to figure out if their PSP 2000 is a non-TA-088v3 or higher motherboard. I have compiled a large list of ways to check the PSP 2000's hackability, so i will post it, to avoid further questions from people wondering if they can hack their PSP 2000.

Let's Begin.

First, and this is the easiest way I know of to check a PSP 2000, remove your battery from your PSP. Underneath the battery, will be a serial number. This serial number will start, most of the time, with either HU, AB, or HU2.
Example:
How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models 2serial

These are the rules to follow for HU serial numbers:
HU2160000 and BELOW [TA-088v1]
-Supports PANDORA, fully hackable

HU2249999 and ABOVE [TA-088v3]
-No PANDORA support
-Can install GEN for HEN at 5.03 with ChickHEN
-Attempts to alter flash memory will crash motherboard

These are the rules for AB serial numbers:
AB021600000 and BELOW [TA-088v1]
-Supports PANDORA, fully hackable

AB022499999 and ABOVE [TA-088v3]
-No PANDORA support
-Can install GEN for HEN at 5.03
-Attempts to alter flash memory will crash the motherboard

JUST ABOUT ALL HU2 PSP 2000s ARE UNHACKABLE

Any other H letter combinations (HB, HC, HJ, etc) have a higher likelihood of hackability, i would greatly reccomend continuing with these checkers to be sure.

Now, if you still happen to have the box that your PSP 2000 came in, there is a way to check the box. There is a sticker on the side, that should look something like this one:

How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models 3identification

The letter that is of interest, is the one underneath 100v. If the letter is absent, or is anything from A-F, its got a great chance of being hackable. If that letter is a G, you can't hack it, plain and simple.

Now, for anyone who purchased their PSP OUTSIDE of the United States and Japan, there should be one other number listed on the label behind the battery. Above the serial number, and to the right, should be a small box. There should be a number and a letter, inside the box, with the words "Date Code" to the left of the box. Here is the info on the various date codes:

7C: Fully Hackable
7D: Fully Hackable
7(Any letter above D): Fully Hackable
8A: Fully Hackable
8B: Fully Hackable
8C: Very slim chance it is hackable (no pun intended)
8D: TA-088v3 or higher, NOT HACKABLE

Now there is no way to run a module checker, or a program like PSPIdent from Official Firmware (signed) because you can not sign a homebrew app that requires kernel access, so if you are at 6.36+, you're fucked. If you are below 6.36 you can use a HEN to check your PSP Motherboard, and module. Below are two homebrews capable of giving you some answers:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's about it, hopefully this helps some lost souls Smile

Rep+ if it helped.
Back to top Go down
https://sneakycodez.forumotion.com
--J2atecl--
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
--J2atecl--

1337ness : 19
Location : In Your Closest (No Seriously Check Your Closest Im Hiding There, Bring Me Some Chicken Wings Aswell)

PostSubject: Re: How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models   How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:20 am

lol @ the no pun intended bit, nice tutorial telling people on how to check if their psp is hackable REP+
Back to top Go down
DeathOfChaos
DeathOfChaos

1337ness : 0

PostSubject: Re: How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models   How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:16 am

Mine is a special blue madden version, and I know this explains things, but combined with other sources it still confuses me. It just seems this version of PSP (this special blue one) seems to be the hardest one to figure out. The serial number underneat the batter is HU88. According to your tutorial here, it means it's the motherboard I don't want it to be, lol. BUT elsewhere I've read that if the game that came with the bundle comes with Firmware 4.01, it's definitely unhackable but mine came with the lower 3.xx firmware instead. I'll just try the provided checkers and see what I end up with, and report back with an answer.
Back to top Go down
DeathOfChaos
DeathOfChaos

1337ness : 0

PostSubject: Re: How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models   How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:37 am

Nevermind, just realized that to use this app to see if my motherboard is hackable, I hve to hack my PSP first... what kind of useless garbage is that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models   How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models Empty

Back to top Go down

How to Check the Hackability of PSP 2000 Models

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SneakyCodes Gaming Forum :: PSP Section :: PSP Tutorials-
Jump to:  

SneakyCodes.tk | Sneaky-Media.com

Free GeoHot NOW!
I support George Hotz and
the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION

Forum create on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com