SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Welcome to SneakyCodes. Contrary to what some may want you to think, SneakyWorld.forumotion is IN NO WAY affiliated with SneakyCodez. Anyone who tries to tell you different, is a lying piece of shit.

SneakyCodes is in the process of an entire site reboot, with no sections, topics, forums, and users. Feel free to sign up, and check back regularly for updates.

Thank you,
SwoRNLeaDejZ

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Welcome to SneakyCodes. Contrary to what some may want you to think, SneakyWorld.forumotion is IN NO WAY affiliated with SneakyCodez. Anyone who tries to tell you different, is a lying piece of shit.

SneakyCodes is in the process of an entire site reboot, with no sections, topics, forums, and users. Feel free to sign up, and check back regularly for updates.

Thank you,
SwoRNLeaDejZ

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum

The Evolution Begins...

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSneakyCodes RSS Feed
Everyone go to SneakyWorld! Link on the home page!
Sneaky Generators

Sneaky Image Editor
The Walking Dead Game

All Generators By SwoRNLeaDejZ

FTB3 Room Generator
FTB3 Name Generator
FTB2 Tag Generator
FTB2 Name Generator
FTB2 Room Generator

Donate to SneakyCodes Today!
Affiliates
Please Join and Visit the SneakyCodes Affiliates

We Love A-G!!!!

Join TheUnseenCoders.com Today!!

Free Forumotion Designs

kHaoZ is a frickin beast :)

Tech Support Guy
Latest topics
» Deepest regards to the Sneaky Community
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 11:27 pm by sabian49

» damn sneaky, RiP. It was fun
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:25 am by Sylen7Nato

» Just Another Blonde Joke xD FUNNY AS FAWK
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:37 pm by Rossy Redness

» Hey it's Skinny107
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:24 pm by o5Gz

» ps3 hacking!
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm by Sylen7Nato

» PSP ISO List
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 pm by Sylen7Nato

» tiger render
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:11 pm by mk7

» SWORN.
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:25 am by EverEffects

» homefront redeem code
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 am by EverEffects

» Calling Sworn
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm by EverEffects

» Thought Id Stop By And Say Hi
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 am by HappySnacks69

» An Introduction
Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:33 am by Ace700

Views
Imagine the Possibilities... Image
Powered by web analytics software.
Statistics
We have 4719 registered users
The newest registered user is CraftPR

Our users have posted a total of 13086 messages in 2891 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 328 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:20 am
Facebook Stream
Top posters
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Imagine the Possibilities... Vote_lcapImagine the Possibilities... Voting_barImagine the Possibilities... Vote_rcap 
blckhwksfan
Imagine the Possibilities... Vote_lcapImagine the Possibilities... Voting_barImagine the Possibilities... Vote_rcap 
-Ch33zy-
EverEffects
l7annylvlex
+Elegance
Whiteyy
JZydex
PumaSnIpejZ
kHaoZ

Share | 

Imagine the Possibilities...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Administrator

Administrator
SwoRNLeaDejZ

1337ness : 140

Imagine the Possibilities... _
PostSubject: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:37 pm

Well, this is just a theory at this point, but i am scouring the internet, looking for people who can help with it, and im making some progress.

First, i'll start by refreshing some memories. I posted something a few weeks ago about TotalNoob's 6.20 TN-B (HEN) that allows you to "Down-Date" (the opposite of Update) to version 5.03 so that you can hack PSPs that are running OFW 6.20. This is basically how it works:
-You install 6.20 TN-B (HEN) and included in the advanced VSH menu is a program that can extract the version.txt file in flash0:/vsh/etc/ from the update PBP file of any version update.
-You put the 4.XX PBP file on your memory stick, and replace your version.txt with one from 4.XX firmware using the program i mentioned.
-Once you "Fake" your version, your PSP thinks it is at say, OFW 4.05.
-This allows you to Update (or down date) to OFW 5.03.
-Once you down date, you can use ChickHEN R2 and GEN for HEN to get CFW.

Now, here is where I come in Very Happy

I posted my tutorial on how to install 6.3x PRO on your PSP. First off, it is impossible to "Down Date" OFW 6.35 because Sony DELIBERATELY removed the modules where the error was to allow you to run a system update that is lower than your actual firmware. This is not the case (at least, at this point, i dont think it is) in 6.31.

Once you install 6.31 PRO, you can use homebrew. This is where PSPFiler v6.6 comes in. In PSPFiler you can browse, open, and edit files located at ms0, Flash0, Flash1, and RAMMem1. Using PSPFiler, you can open, AND EDIT, flash0:/vsh/etc/version.txt

Here is the version.txt for OFW 6.31:
Code:
release:6.31:
build:4614,0,3,1:builder@vsh-build6
system:56684@release_631, 0x06030110:
vsh:p6579@release_631,v57952@release_631,20100726
target:1:WorldWide

Proof that i can view and edit it. This is where it gets tricky. I am still searching, but i need someone to enable homebrew on v5.03 and use PSPFiler to open up flash0:/vsh/etc/version.txt and copy it EXACTLY how it is written, so that I can replace my version.txt with the one that is included in the flash0 memory for v5.03. Once i do that, the thinking is, i can update from 5.03 to 6.20 and then use 6.20 TN-B (HEN) to go back to 5.03 (i cant go right back to 5.03 with TN-B because my PSP was shipped with (I THINK) 5.03, therefore, i cant go any further than that without TN-B), and then use ChickHEN R2 to hack it.

I am still working this angle, and talking to as many people as I possibly can, and i will DEFINATELY keep you guys posted. I will be a PSP HERO if i can actually achieve this result, and there is no telling at this point whether or not it will work, or if i will brick my PSP. Once i have more info, i will definately post it right away. The possibilites are ENDLESS.
Back to top Go down
https://sneakycodez.forumotion.com
Sylen7Nato
Administrator

Administrator
Sylen7Nato

1337ness : 31

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:57 pm

im not sure if i can do it, but if u know i can, then just get on skype and walk me through it....i got all night bro, just hit me up...ill leave skype on all night.
Back to top Go down
http://Sneaky-Media.com
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Administrator

Administrator
SwoRNLeaDejZ

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:28 am

actually, you might be able to, so i will call you once i get everyone sleeping Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Literiture
Vip
Vip

1337ness : -11

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:01 am

Could you help me write the version txt for 6.20?
Back to top Go down
PumaSnIpejZ
Vip
Vip
PumaSnIpejZ

1337ness : 13

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 2:21 pm

Um I neeeeedddd mad help with this
if my 3000 is 6.31 now no hacks at all not 6.31pro

way do I do help Mario nd NATO u can jut pm me because I can't get to a computer for a while or u can email me
pumasnipejz@gmail
Back to top Go down
http://Www.ownageftb2style.webs.com
Mr_Waffle

1337ness : 5

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 6:17 pm

I think "Downgrading" would be the correct term.
Btw I'm pretty sure you can just get the version.txt right from the update.pbp, you might want to get in touch with demon450, since he got the version.txt of a firmware that doesn't have a custom one. (I believe it was 6.00, but I'm not sure)
Back to top Go down
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Administrator

Administrator
SwoRNLeaDejZ

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Well, all of this has actually been accomplished. The issue was NOT with Version.txt. The Version text thing was the easy part. It's a two pronged issue after you reach 6.20. You have to also Fake INDEX.DAT in order to downgrade. This is possible now for 6.20 thanks to Total_Noob and for 6.31 and 6.35 thanks to Davee.
Back to top Go down
McHaMMeR

1337ness : -5

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 4:08 am

A PSP HERO NO LIFE MUCH?
Back to top Go down
Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySat Mar 19, 2011 8:33 am

McHaMMeR wrote:
A PSP HERO NO LIFE MUCH?
Troll much?
Back to top Go down
-RecoveR-
-RecoveR-

1337ness : 4

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 12:55 am

Mr_Waffle wrote:
McHaMMeR wrote:
A PSP HERO NO LIFE MUCH?
Troll much?

Wasting time trying to start an argument on a site much?
Back to top Go down
PumaSnIpejZ
Vip
Vip
PumaSnIpejZ

1337ness : 13

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 2:27 am

-RecoveR- wrote:
Mr_Waffle wrote:
McHaMMeR wrote:
A PSP HERO NO LIFE MUCH?
Troll much?

completely correct not tring to start a fight but waffle starts alot o stuff thts unneccasary
Back to top Go down
http://Www.ownageftb2style.webs.com
Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:48 am

-RecoveR- wrote:
Mr_Waffle wrote:
McHaMMeR wrote:
A PSP HERO NO LIFE MUCH?
Troll much?

So you think that that guy is NOT trolling? Seriously?
Back to top Go down
--J2atecl--
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
--J2atecl--

1337ness : 19
Location : In Your Closest (No Seriously Check Your Closest Im Hiding There, Bring Me Some Chicken Wings Aswell)

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:14 pm

i think he does he is trolling, but hes also trying to say that you are about to start an argument, which would make it worse...
Back to top Go down
Mr_Waffle

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 1:49 pm

--J2atecl-- wrote:
i think he does he is trolling, but hes also trying to say that you are about to start an argument, which would make it worse...
I wasn't starting anything, I was just pointing out the obvious, that Recover dude obviously supports the troll and continues the troll, but on me this time.
Back to top Go down
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Administrator

Administrator
SwoRNLeaDejZ

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:05 pm

I actually agree whole heartedly with Waffle on this one, the comment hammer posted was unnecessary and retarded. At the point that I made this post, faking you version on 6.35 was IMPOSSIBLE, so if i had figured out an easy way to do it before Davee, i would have been a hero to alot of people. The funny part is, who has less of a life? the person interested in the PSP scene, or the person who makes fun of the person with an interest? you be the judge(s).
Back to top Go down
Whiteyy
Administrator

Administrator
Whiteyy

1337ness : 16

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:16 pm

So how is this working out? is it working for you?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000399408183
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Administrator

Administrator
SwoRNLeaDejZ

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 7:18 pm

Its not necessary anymore, i posted this shit before Davee released his downgrader. Now that there is a downgrader, that can fake everything for you, you don't need this shit anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Imagine the Possibilities...   Imagine the Possibilities... Empty

Back to top Go down

Imagine the Possibilities...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SneakyCodes Gaming Forum :: PSP Section :: Custom Firmware-
Jump to:  

SneakyCodes.tk | Sneaky-Media.com

Free GeoHot NOW!
I support George Hotz and
the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION

Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com