SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Welcome to SneakyCodes. Contrary to what some may want you to think, SneakyWorld.forumotion is IN NO WAY affiliated with SneakyCodez. Anyone who tries to tell you different, is a lying piece of shit.

SneakyCodes is in the process of an entire site reboot, with no sections, topics, forums, and users. Feel free to sign up, and check back regularly for updates.

Thank you,
SwoRNLeaDejZ

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Welcome to SneakyCodes. Contrary to what some may want you to think, SneakyWorld.forumotion is IN NO WAY affiliated with SneakyCodez. Anyone who tries to tell you different, is a lying piece of shit.

SneakyCodes is in the process of an entire site reboot, with no sections, topics, forums, and users. Feel free to sign up, and check back regularly for updates.

Thank you,
SwoRNLeaDejZ

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SneakyCodes Gaming Forum

The Evolution Begins...

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog inSneakyCodes RSS Feed
Everyone go to SneakyWorld! Link on the home page!
Sneaky Generators

Sneaky Image Editor
The Walking Dead Game

All Generators By SwoRNLeaDejZ

FTB3 Room Generator
FTB3 Name Generator
FTB2 Tag Generator
FTB2 Name Generator
FTB2 Room Generator

Donate to SneakyCodes Today!
Affiliates
Please Join and Visit the SneakyCodes Affiliates

We Love A-G!!!!

Join TheUnseenCoders.com Today!!

Free Forumotion Designs

kHaoZ is a frickin beast :)

Tech Support Guy
Latest topics
» Deepest regards to the Sneaky Community
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyFri Apr 10, 2020 11:27 pm by sabian49

» damn sneaky, RiP. It was fun
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 1:25 am by Sylen7Nato

» Just Another Blonde Joke xD FUNNY AS FAWK
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:37 pm by Rossy Redness

» Hey it's Skinny107
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 8:24 pm by o5Gz

» ps3 hacking!
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:42 pm by Sylen7Nato

» PSP ISO List
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 pm by Sylen7Nato

» tiger render
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyFri May 10, 2013 3:11 pm by mk7

» SWORN.
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptySun Dec 09, 2012 6:25 am by EverEffects

» homefront redeem code
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:32 am by EverEffects

» Calling Sworn
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:34 pm by EverEffects

» Thought Id Stop By And Say Hi
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 3:40 am by HappySnacks69

» An Introduction
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:33 am by Ace700

Views
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture Image
Powered by web analytics software.
Statistics
We have 4719 registered users
The newest registered user is CraftPR

Our users have posted a total of 13086 messages in 2891 subjects
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 328 on Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:20 am
Facebook Stream
Top posters
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture Vote_lcapSimple MIPS statements and Architecture Voting_barSimple MIPS statements and Architecture Vote_rcap 
blckhwksfan
Simple MIPS statements and Architecture Vote_lcapSimple MIPS statements and Architecture Voting_barSimple MIPS statements and Architecture Vote_rcap 
-Ch33zy-
EverEffects
l7annylvlex
+Elegance
Whiteyy
JZydex
PumaSnIpejZ
kHaoZ

Share | 

Simple MIPS statements and Architecture

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
EverEffects
Administrator

Administrator
EverEffects

1337ness : 25

Simple MIPS statements and Architecture _
PostSubject: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:31 am

Hello Guest,

This is a little addition to my other guide and might give you guys a little more explanation on things that should be covered so enjoy, and if you have ANYTHING to add please let me know and I will look into it. Also expect a guide on returns and methods for the 'jr ra' command comming in the next while along with a packet injection guide

Nop
Signifies no operation, can be used (not what its designed for) to disable a function as opposed to what imok said. Nops can caused issues with the game if they are located inside an active function. When there are large areas of nop code, outside of a function, generally it's safe to change. This is where most subroutines are stored.

Lui
Load Upper Immediate. Slightly more technical explanation. This will load a 16-bit value specified by the immediate into the upper half of the registers, so the top 16 bits of the register are equal to the immediate.

Lw
The load word operation does something completely different from what imok said, unless I interpretted it wrong. It will load a 32-bits of data from the specified address into a register. For example.

Lets pretend $000A00FF has the value of 0xCC

lui t0, $000a
lw t1, $00FF(t0)

After executing those instructions, t1 would be equal to 0xCC and t0 would still be equal to 0x000A

Ori
This operation performs a bitwise OR on the immediate and the register and stores the result of that OR into a specified register. It can be, but isn't always, used to load data into a register containing no value, or when OR'd with the zero register.

Addiu
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with the part that said it works like an ORI, they can however have similar uses. . Take this for example.
4 OR 4 = 4
4 + 4 = 8

Jr ra
Indeed, jump register, where ra is the reigster its jumping to. Think of it like a normal jump, but the address its jumping to isn't a constant, and can be dynamically loaded. Don't forget, you can change the register to whatever you like, t9 is another common one. Ra is only used because when a jal is executed, it is automatically given the value of the address being jumped from + 8.

Stack Pointer (Register)
Not to be confused with the stack we know which is used to move data from banning areas to safe ones. Useful for preserving registers across function calls.
Back to top Go down
blckhwksfan
Administrator

Administrator
blckhwksfan

1337ness : 46

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:37 am

Nice tutorials.
Guest, you should really check out the tuts. Razz
Back to top Go down
EverEffects
Administrator

Administrator
EverEffects

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:38 am

Say what?
Back to top Go down
blckhwksfan
Administrator

Administrator
blckhwksfan

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:41 am

Lol, it's the command you put in your topic posts
Back to top Go down
Literiture
Vip
Vip

1337ness : -11

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:05 am

Just one question why is this dedicated to me?
Back to top Go down
blckhwksfan
Administrator

Administrator
blckhwksfan

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:08 am

Lol, it's not. There's a command that says to show the user's usernames in the posts when that user is looking at the post. So it says blckhwksfan for me.
Back to top Go down
Literiture
Vip
Vip

1337ness : -11

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 5:10 am

OOOHHH....i thought i was just awesome haha jk good tut
Back to top Go down
SwoRNLeaDejZ
Administrator

Administrator
SwoRNLeaDejZ

1337ness : 140

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:13 pm

Yes, i agree, i think Guest should check this shit out too. Guest is a total idiot, and Guest is probably the only person on this whole site that would really benefit from these tutorials.
Back to top Go down
https://sneakycodez.forumotion.com
Architect
Site Poster
Site Poster

1337ness : 12

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:29 pm

calling me a idiot lol
Back to top Go down
EverEffects
Administrator

Administrator
EverEffects

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:17 pm

SwoRNLeaDejZ wrote:
Yes, i agree, i think Guest should check this shit out too. Guest is a total idiot, and Guest is probably the only person on this whole site that would really benefit from these tutorials.
You're gay, don't steal my stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:18 am

Thank you for the tut.
Back to top Go down
Emu
Emu

1337ness : 0

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 3:34 am

This is a decent guide, but I would explain "ori / or" a little better.

I'll explain Chris's "or" explanation a little further

$a1 = 4
$a0 = 4

ori $a1, $a0, $a1 // takes $a1 || $a0 = $a1 (|| means OR's/OR)

OR is a bitwise operator, so it converts your values into binary

$a1 cvt.bin = 100
$a0 cvt.bin = 100

then they are compared...

---------
0100 = $a1 (result stored back into $a1)

$a1 = 0100.bin = cvt.dec 4
$a1 = 4

This will not always happen as the out come = the same number as the arguments
This only happens when a number is OR'd, XOR'd, NOR'd, and AND'd by the same number.

Other than that nicely done Chris.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ptpcodes.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simple MIPS statements and Architecture   Simple MIPS statements and Architecture Empty

Back to top Go down

Simple MIPS statements and Architecture

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SneakyCodes Gaming Forum :: PSP Section :: PSP Tutorials-
Jump to:  

SneakyCodes.tk | Sneaky-Media.com

Free GeoHot NOW!
I support George Hotz and
the FREEDOM OF INFORMATION

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com